Monday, November 2, 2015

Healthy Breakfast Smoothie




I've been loving this smoothie because it's healthy, delicious and so easy and quick to make in the morning. 

          You'll need:
  • 1 pear, cored and chopped
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 2 cups milk (I use almond milk)
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats (instant will work too)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth. Recipe makes two smoothies.

The pear acts as a natural sweetener so there's no need to add any sugar. The oatmeal really thickens up the consistency of the smoothie and helps me feel full until lunch.

A tip that makes this smoothie come together even faster is to pre-cut a week or so worth of ripe pears and freeze them. I cut all my pears into 8 chunks so I know that putting 8 chunks in the blender will always equal 1 pear.



No comments:

Post a Comment